Yes, you'd think it should, but I don't think it can.  I'm certain it
can't deliver Guiness-on-Demand, unfortunately!

CW2000 seems to be more geared toward device management, software
management, and configuration management but not fault management like
HP Network Node Manager, for instance.  That's probably why it doesn't
process traps.  It doesn't really have an application that would use
them well.  Besides, since it's all in java, unless you have a 1.5 GHz
machine with 8192GB RAM it would be too slow as a fault management
platform.  :-)

CW2000 is sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww....  it's cool, but they need
to do something about the speed.  Especially if using Netscape, good
grief.  I could launch Ciscoview, walk downstairs and configure the
switch from the console port, walk back upstairs and the thing would
still be loading!  That's not very productive.  But if it could pour
Guiness, I suppose I wouldn't mind as much.

>>> "Jeff Duchin"  4/12/01 5:59:52 AM >>>
Has anyone been able to manipulate CW2000 to process traps? I don't
understand the logic at all... it can accept and display Syslog
messages
from devices but not Traps.

So if anyone has pulled this off, please let me know as I'm trying to
avoid
having another NMS just to send Traps to. You'd think by the price that
it
would be able to do this and pour you a pint of Guinness at the same
time!

Any help appreciated,
Jeff