>From reading
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/
it appears that DFM is a lot easier to install/setup/configure than any
complex fault management NMS.  It doesn't appear to be very complete,
the thresholding and polling is good, the traps look great out-of-the-box,
but it doesn't do event correlation and it doesn't support anything except
for Cisco devices.  It's kind of somewhere in between an EMS and a
fault NMS.

-dre