Do I even dare ask why you are allowed to use two regular cables but not
a back to back cable?

Hmm... while writing that I just thought of one good reason.  Whenever
I order a back-to-back cable I usually get an RS-232 cable.  This would
tend to limit the clock rate between the two routers.  If I needed a
higher speed I'd have to find a V.35 back to back cable which seem to be
harder to find.

If you want V.35:

CAB-V35MT=
CAB-V35FC=

If you want RS-232:

CAB-232MT=
CAB-232FC=

HTH,
John

>>> "Ray Mosely"  4/13/01 4:29:14 PM >>>
I'm sorry to bring up this old old old
thread, but I'm in a situation where I
need a back to back cable for some 2501's,
but I'm not allowed to use a back to back
cable.

There are two bona fide Cisco cables which
can be hooked together to make one back
to back cable (at three times the price
of a back to back).  Anybody know the
part numbers of the Cisco cables?  It's