OK, for those of you who continue to be
incredulous, let me spell this out.
We have a budget with budget lines.  Commodities
fall under $100, and equipment is over $100.
Third party cables would be commodities, and
there isn't enough money in that budget line
to buy cables, because somebody else didn't
put enough money in that budget line.

On the other hand, there's too much money in
the equipment budget line, so if we buy Cisco
cables bundled with a Cisco router, then we
can actually get cables that will work.  Even
if our supplier had third party cables (which
it doesn't), we can't legitimately make the
bookkeepers think that this is a manufacturer's
bundle.  So I have to buy Cisco cables at $150
a set, instead of third party cables at $50 a
piece.

Now, I'm not sure that any of this has anything
to do with Cisco routers/routing, which is why
I did NOT say any of this to begin with.  I said
simply that I could not buy third party cables,
which is true and the only fact that is truly
relevant.  So hopefully, we can lay this to rest.

Unless someone has the part number for an actual
Cisco back to back cable, which is all that I asked
for in the first place, I would like to see
this thread buried.

Thanks to everyone for their advice,
Ray Mosely
CCNA, MCSE