> You idiot, did you really think that was for
real???  Sending data
> through water for God's sake?

I guess the thought of sending data though water
sounds totally idiotic.  It might be a good idea
to tell all those sub skippers who have been
using ELF commo for such a long time that their
method of receiving flash and flash override
messages from the US National Command Authority
are "idiotic".

Actually, I think the concept revolved around the
issue of sending IP datagrams over the water
pipes.  In fact, Bob Metcalfe (that eccentric
inventor of Ethernet), pointed out in one of his
Infoworld columns a few years ago about a firm
that developed the ability to route IP datagrams
across the electrical wiring in a plant/foundry
through the electrical distribution system.
Nowadays, such technology is ubiquitous with the
advent of home wiring networking.

Lastly, I think back to the earlier days of
ArcNet, whereby IP datagrams could be passed
along barbed wire, concertina wire, or paper
clips.

I'm looking for the next great thinker that will
harness the power of sea water to obviate the
need for the underwater cables/fiber and generate
almost limitless capacity/bandwidth.

A person's mind is only limited by the extent of
their imagination.   Dream on...

v/r,

Paul Werner

Get your own "800" number