Hi

Most implementations only support TCP and UDP transport, OSPF will not
work. Although multicast should be posible to encrypt, but the access
list with the addresses should be correctly constructed.
Anyway, the best way to do routing over a VPN is with tunnel interfaces
and then encrypting the GRE traffic over Ipsec. This allows multicast
to be transported easily...if you need it.
I have a setup running EIGRP over Internet and works perfect

Regards

Dropped Packet wrote:

> Based on what I have read, IPSec apears to work only with unicasts.  Are
> multicast routing updates, e.g., OSPF, therefore sent through in clear
text?
> Surely I'm missing something (I'm new to the security area, so my apologies
> to the security experts if this is the equiavalent of a "How do I ping"
> question)  I know about authentication of the updates via md5, my question
> is about the transfer.  Thanks

---
Javier Contreras Albesa
Professional Trainer

PRO IN Training S.L.
PROfessional Information Networks
World Trade Center, Moll de Barcelona S/N
Edif Sur, Planta 4

Phone: (+34) 93-5088850             E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax:      (+34) 93-5088860             Internet:  http://www.proin.com

SHAPING THE FUTURE - BE PART OF IT!