All,

A question about normal practice of renting dark fiber.
We have two sites about 60 miles apart, each site has a cisco GSR. We are
going to connect them together with OC-48 PoS interface cards(haven't bought
cards yet).
My question is, should I ask for a pair of dark fiber from the carrier or
just ask for an OC48 sonet connection between these two sites?
I guess the dark fiber gives us less impact by the carrier's network, but we
would not be able to use any APS, as no ADM  from the carrier will be
involved. Unless, we want to buy our own ADM, which is not likely to happen
at all.

This is the first time we run into this kind of setup, we need some
experience/suggestion before going any further.

Thanks
JP