My company is in the process of deciding whether to go with Cisco ArrowPoint
Intelligent Director (ID) or building our own Linux Virtual
Server (LVS).  From my limited knowledge, I know that Cisco ID is a load-
balanced device and many advanced features.  I also have very limited
experiences with Cisco ID.  Furthermore, I also understand that Cisco
ArrowPoint is derived from VXworks (a Unix variant) and the device itself
is running on a network appliance box (with 128 MB RAM and an IDE hard-
drive).

On the other hand, I have quite extensive experience with Linux Virtual
Server (LVS).  I know that LVS also support many similar advanced
features mentioned by Cisco ID (if I am wrong, please correct me).  I
have deployed LVS in production environment for the past 18 months and
the LVS box is solid (never has to reboot once).  However, management
would like to go with Cisco because it has the name "cisco" on the box.
They ask for my recommendations.  At the moment, I can NOT recommend
Cisco ID because I am not that familiar with the product.  Anyone who
has deployed Cisco ID on their production network with out breaking the
network, I would love to hear from you.

Regards,
Sean