Hi all,

Various providers can use different suppliers to provide backbone type
services.  An example could be where a person has 2 networks configured in
the same building, even on the same cable (Hub) with two routers one going
via a wan link to supplier A the other on a wan link to suplier B.  Supplier
A use an ISP in the USA and supplier B uses a New Zealand supplier.  It is
quite feasible to have 25+ hops to get to a PC sitting beside you.

Just a thought.  By the way I have seen similar actually happen.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

www.tasmail.com