If you really want to understand token ring look at this site:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/tokenrng.htm
Read the bridging section of the Caslow book as well as the bridging section
of the Lammle CCIE book. Between those 3 items I finally got it down.
Caslow definitely was able to make me understand canonical address to
non-canonical address conversion.
Lammle got me to understand the RIF decoding very well.
The Cisco page made me understand the physical topology very well.

That white paper on CCIE prep says token ring is a physical ring but a
logical bus, it's a physical star and a logical ring.
It's RIF decoding is way off and it's canonical address conversion is also
wrong.
Everything else I knew.

Mike Bambic
Lead Mentor
Phoenix Branch
602-955-5888
Cisco Regional Business Development Manager
TechSkills
www.techskills.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had
a name of winmail.dat]