I always thought of a "Flap" as a generic term ....meaning when a
route/interface/serial-line goes full-circle.....regardless of protocol
i use the term interchangeably with OSPF,PpP,LEASED lines,BGP,ISDN

from:- working----down----initialising----up

i have always treated the "whole" as one flap?????

Am i going mad.....

Cheers

steve

"my mum always said ....it`s only an exam.......PAH...what the heck do she
know"