>Hi groups,
>
>Does anyone have  clues,comments  about the best router tester which can
>simulates traffics, routes, route damping and so on.
>I have heard Agillent, Smartbits, GN Nettest but still can't decided which
>one the best.
>Any helps, clues, suggestion will be appreciated.
>

>Regards
>sipitung

What problem are you trying to solve in your router testing?

Are you trying to measure the forwarding capacity?  The convergence
characteristics with and without policy? (see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berkowitz-bgpcon-01.txt)

Are you trying to verify the correctness of the protocol implementation?

How do you define "best?"  If a given tester cost twice as much as
another, but could impose 95% of line rate rather than 75% of line
reate, is this important?

What kind of reports do you expect the tester to give you?  How much
programming are you willing to do to analyze test results?