From: sdonoho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Token Ring in Lab [7:1640]

I am fortunate enough to have 2 2514's in my home lab and I would like to
utilize the token ring interface on each of these routers. However I do not
have any other token ring hardware, No MSAUs, NICs or token ring switches.

 My question to the group is, how can I use these interfaces in my lab for
CCIE study since I have nothing to connect them to? The obvious answer is to
go out and by a 3900 token ring switch, but I have few dollars left to spend
on my lab. Is there a way(cheap way) to loop back a token ring interface so
I can at least get to an up/up state? Or is there a better way to use these
interfaces? I have virtually no experience with token ring(besides the
theory). I would appreciate any help.

        Scott