I know this is Cisco stuff study group, but I am really stuck at one DNS
server problem, maybe someone knows.

Also if we should not post any questions not related to Cisco, please warn
me, and I will not do again next time.

We have a Windows 2000 DNS server (66.59.140.251), and in fact it is
working, but for some reasons it doesn't synchronize with other DNS servers
properly. When we do "A simple query against this DNS server" and "A
recursive query to other DNS servers" test, both of them failed.

I have read some books, they say it is very important to pass these two
tests, but they don't say why and how to make them pass.

When we checked DNS log files,it say:
ERROR: GQCS failure on dead socket. status=995, socket=456, pcon=00465EDC,
state=-1, IP=66.59.140.251.

What does it mean? How to fix this problem?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Shawn Xu