I do agree with you there. Cisco's restructuring of its partner program will
decrease the demand for CCIE. It probably isn't as easy these days for all
new CCIE's to start with 6 figure salaries.

As far as showing accomplishment and ability, doesn't obtaining the CCIE
certification show exactly that? Being a part of this small elite group is a
major accomplishment, and requires incredible skill to achieve. So doesn't
this certification prove that the person has what it takes?

Fred