At 03:24 PM 4/25/01, Chuck Larrieu wrote:
>In answer to the question, yes the command is available under the eigrp
>process. Or at least it was when we were discussing this issue somewhere
>around a year ago. ;->

Can't see why!?

>Hey, PO, the only way that the hop count makes any sense is in terms of
>relating to the TTL You probably don't recall the thread, but I had found a
>document on EIGRP on CCO that made some bizarre claim about the EIGRP max
>diameter being 225 because of  TCP limitations.

You can't believe everything you read.

TTL is a field in an IP header, not in a routing protocol packet.

Hop count is in IGRP packets (even though the metric is not based on it.)

Hop count is not in EIGRP packets.

I'm in a rush, but that's all I have to say for now! ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com