Russ-
The only information I can give you is that people
want to see a college degree no so much for the
schooling but more so that you can complete something.
 Think of a college degree as  "a project" emplyoers
want to see how long it took you to do that "project"
and what other things you were multitasking (job,
certs. etc...)while you were working on that project.
Did you complete the project?  Another line to look at
it on is you can go to school for law, medicine, or
whatever but to make the profession you have to pass a
test.  MCAT GMAT etc..
So after all that my advice is ...  A College degree
by itself will not get you money or status...
Certificates by themselves will not get you money or
status.  Either one or both will get your foot in the
door.  You have to do the rest.
Figure out what is good for you! Good luck

=== message truncated ===

http://auctions.yahoo.com/