Just about any external modem you find will do the job.  Keep in mind
that the AUX port speed on a 2501 is limited to 38400 bps so a 56k modem
is unnecessary;  a 33.6 modem will do just fine.  We've used US Robotics
Courier modems and 3Com V.everything modems.  We haven't really had any
problems with either model.

Good luck,
John

>>> "Bob Edmonds"  4/26/01 1:35:55 PM >>>
What type of modem would be best?  What are the average prices?  I
don't
need anything great, I'll just be using in my lab to dial up to an ISP
test, all I need is something like a 56K modem.  Any suggestions??

BTW: you all have been very helpful, thank you..

""Bob Edmonds""  wrote in message
> Just a quick question...  Is it possible to configure the AUX port on
2501
> to dial out?  Possibly configure DDR on it?  Just wondering!  Any
help
would
> be greatly appreciated...
>
> Bob