Hi,

I have a question on case study on Doyle P.655.  It says that in order to
have a default route for IS-IS L1 router, the L1/L2 can have CLNS routing
enabled, or have the following command:

default-information originate

My question is after tried this in my lab, I found even WITHOUT this command
L1 router still got the L1 0.0.0.0/0 created, after I checked with IS-IS
database, L1/L2 router actually doesn't have it included in LSP, so it seems
that L1 router is able to parse that ATT bit and automatically create it in
routing table.  I don't have CLNS routing enabled either.  The IOS version
on L1 router is 11.3 and on L1/L2 is 12.1.

After searching on CCO, the explaination of "default-information originate"
command made me more confused, it says the default is only advertised in L2
LSPs if without a route-map, but in Doyle's case study router Brussels uses
this command and send it to Amsterdam which is a L1 route, which one is
correct ...

Any help is appreciated,

Jerry