Err, that should have been g.729a.  Shows how long since I've had to touch
this stuff (nearly a month).

I really should have taken the CVOICE as soon as we got this first AVVID
install done.  It's all going fuzzy since I don't touch it on a daily basis
:/

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Jason Roysdon""  wrote in message
> Has anyone worked with the Unity product line?  I installed Unity
> ActiveVoice v2.45 voicemail back in February and it's working with no
> problems in conjunction with CallManager 3.0(8) (as a uOne port).  This
was
> my first Unity install, and I was happy to see it go as well as it did
> (especially happy when we got the new driver that supports g.723a so we
can
> do compression for those accessing voicemail across the WAN).
>
> Anyway, the time has come to install Unity ActiveFax.  We're using a
> separate box for faxing than voicemail, and using a Dialogic Gammalink
> CPi/400 PCI board (4 analog ports).  The board driver install went great,
> and installing this server into the existing Exchange Directory was no
> problem, and even the Unity software install went through without a
problem.

> But now, the docs just stop.  No help whatsoever on making the ActiveFax
> software integrate with either Unity ActiveVoice and/or CallManager.
Unity
> ActiveVoice has a configuration section for Fax Server, but it says it
can't
> find a Fax Server at the address I give it.
>
> I'm about to place a call to Cisco TAC, but not sure of the results or
even
> what I should expect (mainly the logistics/politics on support).  Current
> release of "Cisco" Unity is at 2.46, and I hear it's mainly just a
cosmetic
> facelift (Insert CISCO LOGO/TRADEMARK here, etc.).  Support for a few
minor
> issues with Unity ActiveVoice 2.45 and CallManager3 was great, so I'm
> keeping my fingers cross.
>
> Anyone else have any experience with the new Cisco Unity line?  What bugs
me
> the most is that I've got approval to go to training so we can get our
Unity