Of course dualies are feasible.  That's all a router is after all. :)
The biggest problem with adding NIC's to a server split between subnets is
one of name resolution.  You might need to put custom HOST and LMHOST files
on your workstations to point them to the appropriate IP address.  Example:
hosts on the 10.1.1.0/24 network need to be able to resolve MAIL to
10.1.1.5, but hosts on the 10.1.2.0/24 network need to resolve the same
name, MAIL, to 10.1.2.5  Make sure that the first network doesn't wind up
looking for the NIC on the second network.  Oh, and Win9x doesn't generally
deal well with multiple NICs, so this is an NT/2K only type of deal.  Or
*nix. :)
This is not a substitution for routing between VLANS.  I would not recommend
using NT 4 as a router but W2K does a decent job in a pinch.  It even does
RIP v2 and OSPF.  There is even a stripped down version of IGMP.  Hell of an
ok P/NAT box.  Just remember that a server is there to serve and there is
only so much PCI bus to go around.  You don't want to run the thing out of
internal bandwidth while you are trying to shuffle I/O to the SQL or
Exchange processes.  If you decide to do it, be sure to monitor your
server's performance and keep tabs on the end users experience so that you
know if things go south.  All in all, it's usually cheaper in support
dollars to have a dedicated router - even if it does have a Microsoft OS.
Novel handles the name thing a bit differently than NT/2K, so if that's your
server disregard.
For information on HOST and LMHOST files, see the documentation in the
sample files on your server.  Remember that you can preload part of the
LMHOST file using the #PRE tag and #DOM is for your domain controllers.

Now, after I go and say all that let us all gather round and face the facts:
This is a Cisco type email list.  There IS a Cisco answer.
TTFN,
Bill 'layer 4 and up is for end users' Pearch, Anchorage AK