Use SSH ...
I don't believe the PIX supports telnet sessions on the outside interface,
something about security risks ... ;)

FOR SSH:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/authtopix.shtml#localSSH
slightly modified excerpt:       authentication>

hostname THISISMYHOSTNAME !--- should already be set!!

domain-name THISISMYDOMAIN
!---may or may not be set already!!

ca gen rsa key 1024
!---generates your key-pair if you do not have on already

ssh timeout 60
!---set s disconnect timer ... always a good idea!

passwd THISISMYPASSWORD

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
!--- this allows anyone, anywhere to SSH to your PIX ... obviously
can/should be changed

ca save all
!--- as a wr mem does *NOT* save the key info!!

wr mem

.... And now you can use any one of the free SSH clients out there to
securely connect to your PIX :).

Thanks!
TJ