> "If a Netware server is located on the segment, it will respond to the
> client request. The Cisco router will not respond to the GNS request. If
> there are no NetWare servers on the local network, the Cisco router can be
> configured to forward the GNS SAP to an appropriate remote NetWare
server."

Here is a trouble shooting technical information from Novell
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/13662.htm
"By default, Cisco routers will respond to a GNS packet if they sense that
no file servers are on the same segment as the workstation requesting
GNS", -- not forward.
Router will not forward GNS, it will reply it or igore it. From the three
possible answers, I would still like to pick up (a) as the best answer,
because router will igore the GNS in some cases, but will never forward GNS.

James