That's actually the best method I've seen to date, and really only requires
adding two lines:

access-list 1 deny   any
line vty 0 4
 access-class 1 in

Of course, if you want it to not just "% Connection refused by remote host"
but just not respond period, you could make a route-map for all telnet
traffic to the router's ips and set it to forward to Null, and then they
just get nothing, period.  More work than it's worth, IMHO ;-)

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]