You may use the PIX and static routes to forward traffic across the PIX's
interfaces but
it will not do "one-armed" routing with secondary addresses like a router
will. A
description of the PIX route command can be found at
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/config/commands.htm#xtocid223349

Jonathan

John Gotti wrote:

> Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought it was possible to add static routes on
> a PIX firewall?...For instance, if your "outside" interface's IP was
> 198.6.1.4 and your "inside" Interface's IP was 172.16.0.1, couldn't you add
> a static route to say for IP 172.24.9.0 255.255.255.0 go to 172.24.128.3 ?
> know a PIX isn't a router, but I thought it could forward traffic based on
> static route. Thanks!!
>
>   -G

Jonathan Hays
Acropolis Systems, Inc.