Hi...  We have a frame-relay link to Taipei and the link is down, we can't
contact Taipei LAN and Taipei router, I do a "sh int" and found the int is
in up and up position. and the FR PVC is active as well, but when I do and
sh cdp neighbor, the Taipei router is missing, but I am sure the Taipei
router is cdp enabled.  What should be the problem? From below we know the
link is active right? why cdp is gone? if int is in up up position, does it
mean the circuit is up until the modem of the other end not the router?  the
connection between router and modem is down?

SIN01>sh int s1/1.14
Serial1/1.14 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is M4T

DLCI = 401, DLCI USAGE = LOCAL, PVC STATUS = ACTIVE, INTERFACE =
Serial1/1.14

BUT after a few hours, Line service provider called say the link is okay,
both our site and Taipei did not do any physical work , but why the link is
okay now. Any idea?  I thought when the int show up and up, we should be
able to ping the other end router???  why I could not ??

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.