On Tue, 8 May 2001, Subba Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am still new to Cisco networking. While touring a network facility, one
of
> the network engineer's showed a telecom closet and said it is the "demarc
> zone".
> I heard DMZ a lot (but I could swear I heard "demarc zone too).
>
> What is "demarc zone" in networking?

The boundary (sometimes materialized by a RJ jack, sometimes invisible)
between the part of the network under the other guy's responsibility and
care, which always has 110% availability and reliability and exceeds all
requirements or specifications, and your part, in which lies the cause
of each and every problem you would try to dump in the other guy's lap.

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made