Have you ever looked into how a switch can be compromised by an experienced
hacker?

Even though, theoretically, VLANS can't talk to each other except through a
router you are still having external and internal traffic on the same
physical
box running OS software, which is not perfect.

Cheers

Jim Gillen

Snr Communications Engineer
AUSTRAC

Ph:   9950 0842
Fax:  9950 0074

>>> "Brian"  9/05/01 8:59:56 >>>
This message has been scanned by MAILSweeper.

Echoing these sentiments here, the whole point of vlans is traffic
separation.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity

the system manager.