ok, typically when trying to get a positive indication, either good or bad -
from Cisco about capabilities - is a very difficult thing.

We have had good long threads on the list about things that work vs. things
that are supported.

That being said, here is a snippet from:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/rt/3600/prodlit/atmnm_ov.htm

Which describes an ATM module for the 3600 series.

Technical Specifications
ATM OC-3 Network Module System Requirements

Only supported on the Cisco 3600 series routers at this time

Not supported on the Cisco 2600 series

No slot placement restrictions on either platform

***** Maximum recommended on a single Cisco 3640 and Cisco 3620 is one

***** Max two high-speed network modules in a Cisco 3640 (includes Fast
Ethernet, ATM, HSSI)

Requires Plus feature sets of Cisco IOS Release 12.0(3)T or above

Operates in conjunction with all currently available Cisco 3600 network
modules and WAN interface cards (WICs)

**************

Note my stars.  Although it says 2 modules I think this was before the 2FE2W
was around......

Now, below is a table from:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/rt/3600/prodlit/1fefx_ov.htm

Which is for the 1FEFX

Supported Configurations
The following table provides configurations supported by the new modules.

Table 2: Module Maximum Quantity in Cisco Max Number of NM-1FE-FX  3620
3640
NM-1FE-FX  1 3

*********

bad pasting but it reads 1 FEFX for a 3620 and 3 for a 3640.

Now having said all that, this page says that YES you can put 2 x NM-2FE2W
in a 3620:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/2600/prodlit/2636m_ds.htm

The Maximum Number of NMs that can be utilized in each of the 2600/3600
families is as follows:

NM-2FE2W  N/A
   2600  3620  3640  3660
     N/A   2          4        6

Also: The minimum level of IOS is IOS 12.0(7)XK or 12.1(1)T

And finally.........

You may want to look and see if you have a 3620 that has PCI bus problems.

In this case (I actually had one and returned it), it was specifically ATM
but your output did mention PCI dev 5
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/51.shtml

give the command: show pci hardware
and if you see 0x22 or 0xE2 - then your 3620 should be returned.

In any event, I think you have a case to take to TAC.

Kevin Wigle