Interesting.  The ? is also used in regex's in BGP and is also escaped by
Control-V.

Brian

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Dennis Laganiere wrote:

> I was just scanning the CCO for fun and came accross this trick for the
> Enable password (and probably the others as well).  I just thought it was
> cute...
>
> [The Enable password] can contain the question mark (?) character if you
> precede the question mark with the key combination Crtl-V when you create
> the password; for example, to create the password abc?123, do the
following:

> *     Enter abc.
> *     Type Crtl-V.
> *     Enter ?123.
>       When the system prompts you to enter the enable password, you need
> not precede the question mark with the Ctrl-V; you can simply enter abc?123
> at the password prompt.

We have MOVED!! Make note of our new address!!!

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
p: 318-212-0245
f: 318-212-0246