From: Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 6:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: static ip routes and how they work? [7:4077]

On Thu, 10 May 2001, beth shriver wrote:

> Hello, I have a quick question about ip routes and how
> they work , if i have the following:
>
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 155.1.8.222
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 150.5.11.11
> ip route 204.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 150.3.53.3
>
> and then tryp to ping 204.167.*.*  what route would
> this take and why? the reason i ask is in some of my

Its going to use the first two.  The third only matches
204.0.0.0, nothing more specific.

> routes i have a frame relay with back up isdn and so i
> have to have 2 route statements in host router. is
> there a rule like ip dial maps where if the first
> doesnt work it goes to second? so should i have these
> put in a certain order based on which one i want it to
> try first?
> Thanks for anyone who can clear up my confusion!!!

We have MOVED!! Make note of our new address!!!

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
p: 318-212-0245
f: 318-212-0246