I just might add...I have a similar scenarion as you mention .but i have a
2511 it does
not matter ios is ios .
i basically don't have to do nothing my 2511 pick up an ip address on the
fly from dsl
router.
i am running the below.

IOS (tm) 3000 Software (IGS-I-L), Version 11.1(24a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Fri 09-Mar-01 19:43 by pnicosia
Image text-base: 0x03020728, data-base: 0x00001000