It appears that a portion of the question may be missing.
My best answer would be - there are 32 bits total.
22 bits are for the network portion  2^22 = 4194304 subnets
10 bits are for the host portion  2^10 = 1024-2  or 1022 hosts in each
subnet.
This dosen't match any of your answers.

Mileage may vary based on the missing info.  If you said it was a class B
address range and you had 22 bit mask, I would say:
Class B has 16 network bits.  The mask is 22 bits, so we have 6 bits to play
with for networks.
2^6 is 64 networks.  Beware that according to the Cisco Class meterials,
they still say the first and last subnet can not be used - so this leaves 62
usable subnets.   We still have 10 host bits, so it is the same as above.

Beware of the termonolgy - In my example, we have 16 network bits, 6 subet
bits and 10 host bits.  The network bits are determined by the address
class.

Ed

Edward  Moss
CCNP + Voice,  CCDP