Reading through the link from Phil and continuing to the clocking section, a
few questions cropped up.

The document recommends that links over 64k should use SCTE, or invert the
clock signal to compensate for phase shift.
1. Can anybody explain how inverting the clock will compensate for phase
shifts. Is it as simple as the fact that the clock will phase shift half a
cycle from the data. Seems a bit hit and miss, but if you're doing it at
both ends that cant be the reason.
2. Does anybody use SCTE in practice.

3. And the last one - I take it there isn't any CSU/DSU
configuration/troubleshooting required on the lab? The carrier does the
dirty business for us (usually), so I've seen next to nothing of CSU/DSU.

We're a bit spoilt in the UK, or is it AOL mentality - "We'll save you
messing up that complicated configuration - We'll do it for you"  :~)

Thanks,

Gaz

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1915.htm#xtocid744