anthony wrote:

> I have been in the field now for about 4 years.  I worked my way up from
the
> bottom as a desktop support tech and for the last year and a half been
> working with cisco equipment and alteon equipment in a small environment.
> have set up a web site, VRRP, HSRP, BGP multihoming, VLANs, VPNs, and PIX
> firewalls.  I got my CCNA and have one exam left for CCNP.  How do I make
> the jump from a small company to a large company? I understand the concepts
> and I am fairly proficient with the lower line of Cisco equipment like 4000
> and below switches and 2600 and below routers.
> I really want to get a job with a larger company or even and ISP where I
can
> challenge myself and get the experience to someday get the CCIE.  Any
> suggestions are much appreciated.

I worked for two large networks, and both of them used such routers
for customer site connections, so there is a market for these skills.

My guess would be to hit Monster/Dice/Headhunter, etc and aim for
the stars.  I wouldn't think you'd have a problem getting a gig, esp.
once you complete the CCNP and can show good, real world experience.

Best of luck and good hunting.