Try Lucent's Vital Suite (VS).  It's much more intuitive than Concord
(doesn't
require a week long class just for configuring and running reports).  Concord
is priced per interface (big routers, and switches require many elements to
monitor the whole device).  VS is priced per device (big routers and switches
require one license each.  All the ports, interfaces, sub-interfaces, etc.
are
known as resources of that particular device).  Custom reports, performance
monitoring, capacity planning, etc.  You can monitor the users experience too
using Vital Agent.

Check out the demos at:  http:// www.ins.com / software/ vitalsuite/ demos/
index.asp    (NOTE: spaces added to eliminate URL stripping)

Darren

At 11:39 AM 05/14/2001 -0400, anthony wrote:
>Does anyone know any good tools that I could use to get a network baseline?
>I need to get one and not sure what tools and guidlines to use.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help
>
>Anthony

***********************************
Darren S. Crawford
Lucent Technologies Worldwide Services
2377 Gold Meadow Way            Phone: (916) 859-5200 x310
Suite 230                               Fax: (916) 859-5201
Sacramento, CA 95670            Pager: (800) 467-1467
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Epager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lucent.com           Network Systems
Consultant - CCNA, CCIE Written

                        "Providing the Power Operable Networks."

        "Ham and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment
for a
pig."