Hi all,

I have a Cat6509 here in my lab, and had been playing with the QoS for a
while - not really in depth though. I would like to apply per port type of
QoS whereby the ingress and egress traffic on that port will comply to the
QoS specified. I had tried posting a similar question to the Cisco Open
Forum twice but it had been escalated, and till now I received no reply yet.

I am currently rate-limiting incoming/outgoing traffic to one of the ports
to 1024kbps. My main aim is to categorize traffic so as to allow me to
rate-limit local  and international traffic on that particular port.

Following is my current configuration to rate-limit the entire vlan to
1024kbps.

#vtp
set vtp mode transparent
set vlan 1 name default type ethernet mtu 1500 said 100001 state active
set vlan 10 name PVLAN type ethernet pvlan-type primary mtu 1500 said
100010 state active
set vlan 11 name VLAN0011 type ethernet pvlan-type isolated mtu 1500 said
100011 state active
set vlan 100 name Customer type ethernet mtu 1500 said 100100 state active
set vlan 1002 name fddi-default type fddi mtu 1500 said 101002 state active
set vlan 1004 name fddinet-default type fddinet mtu 1500 said 101004 state
active stp ieee
set vlan 1005 name trnet-default type trbrf mtu 1500 said 101005 state
active stp ibm
set vlan 1003 name token-ring-default type trcrf mtu 1500 said 101003 state
active mode srb aremaxhop 7 stemaxhop 7 backupcrf off

#set boot command
set boot config-register 0x2
set boot system flash bootflash:cat6000-sup2.6-1-1d.bin

#qos
set qos enable
set qos policer aggregate intl rate 1024 policed-dscp erate 8000000
policed-dscp burst 1568
clear qos acl all
#acl001
set qos acl ip acl001 trust-dscp aggregate intl ip any  any
#
commit qos acl all
#
set qos acl map acl001 100

#module 3 : 48-port 10/100BaseTX Ethernet
set vlan 100  3/1-4

set port qos 3/1-4 vlan-based
set port channel 3/1-48 mode off

I would like to do per vlan and per port type of traffic segregation here.
I hope someone here can help me.

Thank you.

Cheeyong