From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Cisco Kidd
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 1:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: AGS+ DCE mode? [7:4655]

Hello, I am having a problem getting my serial ports to act in DCE mode.

I have changed the jumpers to the appropriate places, but still have no
luck.  When I issue the "show controller mci" command it tells me that
the interfaces are in DTE mode, except for one, which is recognized as
unknown. I have 4 serial ports.  Two are hooked up to one card, and two
to another card.  I have changed the jumpers correctly for serial ports
2
and 3( I used the diagram from cisco's website, labeled CSC-SCI, which
looked exactly like the card for serial ports 2 and 3). Here is the link
to the diagram,
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cisagspl/agscfig/43
412.htm#xtocid1591 I
was unable to change the jumpers for serial 0 and 1 because I couldnt
find the jumpers for that card...it kinda looked like CSC-MCI but the
jumpers were not in the same place. I have tried to issue the
"clockrate"
command on all serial interfaces but it says I cannot because it is in
DTE mode.  I am stuck at this point.  Does it have to do with the
microcode on each controller?  Do I need to upgrade this?  Any help
would
be appreciated immensely!!!! Paul