You can do L2TP over IPSEC tunneling.  In fact, this is the method
recommended by microsoft.  IPSEC tunneling alone does not have strong
user authentication methods or adequate ways of doing remote address
assignment.  This is allright for server to server VPNs but not when you
have remote VPN clients connecting to the VPN server.  By running
L2TP/IPSEC tunneling you get the benefit of IPSEC encryption with L2TP
user authentication and addressing.

andylow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Is there any way to config, for the Win2000 pc can connect IPSec over
L2TP