what would be considered a good study book for the ccnp routing exam?

>>> "Edward Gomez"  05/17/01 10:22AM >>>
John,

I took the exam two weeks ago and used the following books and boson tests
to prepare for it:

Cisco Press Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
Sybex CCNP Switching Study Guide
Exam Cram Switching Guide
Boson Switching Test #2

The Cisco Press and Sybex books both cover everything you need to know. The
exam cram is helpful for studying. I would
definately purchase the two switching exams from Boson and test till you
score above 90%. As far as what is on the exam you
definately need to know multicasting, rp's, STP, VTP, MLS, and Vlans. Also
there are several questions on hardware so know the diffence between the
1900, 2900, 5000, 6000, and 8000 series switches. The test is not that hard
I was done in about 30 minutes and scored 835. I'm studying for BSCN
networks right now and I know that is gonna be a tough one..Good luck on
your exam...

Eddie

Edward J. Gomez, MCSE, CNE, CCNA
Information Systems Manager