After configuring my router for ISDN connectivity, I tried to ping the other
side of the line.  This causes the line to be activated, but, the ping
doesn't actually work; why?  Am I still missing something? I show dialer and
see successful calls.  And if I show isdn status I see layer 1 acitivated,
layer 2 established and valid for 2 spids.  Also, I want to have this ISDN
be the backup for a frame-relay line.  If I setup the static, does it make
any sense to have a backup interface command too?  Here is how I did it:

(config)ISDN switch-type basic-ni1

(config)username customer password xxxx

(config)dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

(config-if)ip address a.b.c.d

(config-if)encapsulation ppp

(config-if)spid1 the number

(config-if)spid2 the number

(config-if)dialer map ip a.b.c.d. name customer dialstring

(config-if)dialer-group 1

(config-if)ppp chap hostname me

(config-if)ppp chap password xxxx

Yahoo! Auctions $2 Million Sweepstakes  -  Got something to sell?