Michelle,

Okay, let me first start by saying that ISDN can be a complex subject
(depending on requirements), so I can only offer general troubleshooting
steps based off the information you have provided.   I will label the
calling router as "SOHO" and the called router "HQ".  For simplicity, I will
provide a simple config (IOS 12.1) example using legacy DDR (you can also
use dialer profiles, however there are slightly more complex to setup than
legacy DDR, but they are still the preferred method as they are allow the
"sharing" of physical interfaces utilizing dialer pools as this provides a
much more scalable solutions for an enterprise environment).

HQ router

 hostname hq
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 username soho password 0 isdn
 dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
int bri0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
encaps ppp
ppp auth chap incoming
isdn spid1 55555555550101 5555555
isdn spid2 55555555560101 5555556
dialer map ip 192.168.1.2 name soho 5555557

SOHO router

 hostname soho
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 username hq password 0 isdn
 dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
int bri0
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252
encaps ppp
ppp auth chap incoming
isdn spid1 55555555570101 5555557
isdn spid2 55555555580101 5555558
dialer map ip 192.168.1.1 name hq 5555555

***Note that there are many techniques to configuring a Cisco router for
isdn, I just used the above example for simplicity***

Ensure that the interface is "on" at both sites via the "no shut" interface
command.   Also, run the "isdn status" command to verify connectivity.
Layer 1 Status should state "ACTIVE", Layer 2 Status should  show that BOTH
spids were configured, sent & valid.  Also you should have a TEI (terminal
endpoint identifier) assigned to both bearer channels. Now try to ping
192.168.1.1 from the SOHO router. If successful, great.  If not, there are
some troubleshooting steps that we can try.  First, I would debug the call
to verify that my configuration (dialer maps, ppp auth, etc.) are correct.
A good starting level for the debug would be running the commands "debug
isdn q931" and "debug ppp nego".  These debugs will assist you with variouis
problems such as encapsulation, dialer lists, authentication, and speed
mismatch (56k vice 64k).  Also, if you have a telnet session to the router,
ensure that you run the command "term mon".  Now try to run the ping test
again.  Depending on what your results are, determines what your next step
should be.  If you still need assitance, post the results of your debug
test.  Do not forget to turn off all debugging when done (no debug all) with
tests.

Once your isdn is working properly, there are other considerations to
properly configuring your isdn to fit your requirements; examples include
floating static routes, backup interface, dialer profiles, compression, ppp
multilink,  and the setting the isdn interface as passive for your routing
protocol (eigrp, rip, etc.).  But let's just get you working first.

Jim