this is not quite correct........

"connect" is a reserved word and a command by itself.

The user would have to type in "menu connect".

Connect would try to start a telnet session, if you typed just "connect" it
would respond with "Ip host:  "

This type of config is often used as part of an autocommand to invoke a menu
when someone logs on.

Now your comment: > > I know that traffic is being passed through e0 using
> > the specified port, but i need to know how the hell it
> > manages to get to the specified switches.

Often, in a term server, a loopback address is used as a reference point for
the async lines.  In this case E0 was used.  No change in functionality but
if the itnerface is down and you come in another interface or the console
port - then it won't work as configured.

Port 2001 is the first async port on a 2509/2511 and in this case cable #1
on the octopus cable which is plugged into the console port on the 2912
switch.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Kevin Wigle