This problem sounds like you have two hosts that have a
duplicate IP address.  The real trick will be finding the other
host with the duplicate address.  For troubleshooting purposes,
boot the machine while it is disconnected from the Ethernet (if
possible).  See if you still get an IP stack disabled message.
If not, then reconnect to the network and see if the problem
reappears.  If it does, then you likely have a duplicate IP
address.  If you have a small network, check each machine to
see who has the duplicate address.  If you have a large
switched internetwork, you will likely need to check the ARP
cache of the RSM/external router to see the IP/MAC pair for the
duplicate address.  Then you will need to go switch hopping in
your switch CAM tables to find out which port that host is
attached.

The most common reason this occurs is when you have a DHCP
environment and somebody out there insists on setting their own
IP addr and they set it to an address within a valid scope.

HTH,

Paul Werner

> Hi,
>
> I apparently cannot ping or telnet to one of my hosts.  A
program
> informed
> me that my TCP/IP configuration was disabled. A second
computer has it
> enabled, both configurations are identical.
>
> Any suggestions,

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag