Here is the 'sh ver' from the box ....  I have another pix 520 that has been
upgraded to 5.3 and shows the number of connections, but this one does not.

pixfirewall# sh ver

Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.1(4)
Compiled on Mon 02-Oct-00 07:19 by morlee
Finesse Bios V3.3

pixfirewall up 49 secs

Hardware:   SE440BX2, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 349 MHz
Flash AT29C040A @ 0x300, 2MB
BIOS Flash AM28F256 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

[snip]

Licensed Features: