This is just the normal Cisco arp timeout for its routers and switches.
Their is nothing wrong with aging out the arp entries at 300.  Its not
like being disconnected......he can still source and receive traffic

Brian

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Joseph Cheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My friend has a question on the Cisco 4000 switch, can
> anyone please help?  Thanks in advance.
>
> ==
> When a Cisco 1720 is hookup to the switch, if there is
> no traffice from the 1720, it will be disconnected
> from the Cisco catalyte 4000 switch after a preset 300
> seconds.
>
> The mac-address of 1720 will be disappeared from the
> Cisco 4000 switch arp table.
>
> Is this OK to use "set arp static-address" to
> permantly write the 1720 mac-address and IP into the
> 4000 switch arp table?
> ==
>
> Thanks,
> JC

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone:     318-212-0245
fax:       318-212-0246