From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Sean Young
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 9:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Can anyone shed the light on Cisco AUX port? [7:6640]

CM,

I don't know where you buy the Cisco 2600s router but from what I can see
in

front of me, I have a Cisco 2610, Cisco 2611 and another 2621, all of
them only

have 1 Network Module (NM) slot.  If you are referring to Cisco 3620 then

might agree with you that Cisco 3620 has 2 NM slots.  Please don't give
out

wrong information unless you know it is accurate.

Anyone else would like to comment on this one.  Am I correct in this
case?

Regards,

Sean

>From: Charles Manafa >To: 'Sean Young ' , "'[EMAIL PROTECTED] '"
>Subject: RE: Can anyone shed the light on Cisco AUX port? [7:6640]
>Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:27:29 +0100 > >Cisco 2600 is a modular router
like the 3600, and is capable of supporting >two modules. Whether or not
these slots are populated, it doesn't change the >tty numbering, i.e slot
0: 0-31, slot 1: 32-64 etc. As the AUX port is the >last tty + 1, the AUX
port is 65 on a 2600. > >CM > >-----Original Message----- >From: Sean
Young >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Sent: 31/05/01 19:19 >Subject: Can
anyone shed the light on Cisco AUX port? [7:6640] > >I am hoping someone
on the group can explain to me the following >situation: I've noticed
that on the Cisco 2500s platform, the AUX port >is >listed on line 1
(sine consoleport is on line 0). However, on Cisco >2600s platform, the
AUX port is listed on line 65(console port is still >at line 0). On the
cisco 3640 router, if I put my FE module in slot 0, >thenthe AUX port is
listed on line 129. If I put my FE module in slot >3, >then the AUX port
is listed on line 97. I understand why that is the >case on Cisco 2500s
and 3600s platform, but apparently, the 2600s >platform is really out of
wack. Why doesn't Cisco make themconsistent >on >all platforms? I work
for an ISP shop and it is hard for me to new >network engineering folks
about this especially when it involves >async-lines, AS5300, Radius
andTACACS (you get the point). I guess >when Cisco controls about 90%
market share of the router market, it >really doesn't give a f___ about
these things. No wonder why Juniper >andAvici >are kicking Cisco's ass in
the carrier market because it makes the >product moreuser-friendly (until
it becomes just as big as Cisco then >those guys will start acting
arrogant). An explaination from anyone in >this group is very appreciate.
Sean >

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name
of Tom McNamara.vcf]