In case you haven't noticed, most CCNA books point out the fact that the IOS
uses a "Unix-ish" shell, with command line completion, etc. just like Unix.

Some of the low end equipment, like the 700 series and the 1900s allow you
to use a web interface, but virtually everything else is command line.....

Can you provide facts showing that the IOS *isn't* Unix-ish?  Perhaps Cisco
is working on a GUI, (don't flame me for this ... it's a joke), they're
working on a GUI so all the NT admins can have a chance at becoming Cisco
gurus =)

Mike W. (former NT admin)

"Jason"  wrote in message
> Oh, now the IOS is Unixish ?? Phew, so by that token, all Unix experts
would
> be CCIE... so I guess the number would include all the so call Unix/Linux
> "experts"
> I don't remember mentioning that the ATM runs NT, most of them actually
run
> OS2. The extra $$ you save from using open?? source OS would be waste on
> support....
>
> In case you have not notice, Cisco is working on a GUI....
>

> ""Kelly Hair""  wrote in message
> > "Jason" -
> >
> > By your logic, Windows NT 3.1 is all you need for your Enterprise to
> > succeed.  Good luck in that endevour!

> Linux.
> > The blue screen is pretty but I would prefer to have money instead.
Oh..
> > not to mention the extra money I would have from using a an open source
OS
> > rather than an M$ one...
> >
> > Perhaps Cisco should throw out the Unixish IOS and replace it with a GUI
> so
> > everyone could write configs for routers.  Sounds like a grand idea...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kelly
> >
> > > What was your point ? That Multics sucks , and by the same token,
> > > therefore Unix sucks and NT/W2K rules !!! At least, NT/W2K was based
on
> > > a working operating system. Anyone of you notice that Unix is all
about
> > > ego ? If Unix is finished in 1 month, why are there still people
> > > working on it ? On the other hand, if Unix is perfect, why the hell
are
> > > people working on it ? If Unix promotes innovation, why is nobody
using
> > > it ? Would you trust you ATM machine to Linux ?
> > >

> > > ""Jim Dixon""  wrote in message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

Thompson,