Jason -

Once again... for the reading impared: Cisco IOS is Unixish.  Did I state
that it IS Unix?  Where do you suppose Cisco came up with the idea of the
Internetworking Operating System?   Please do not tell me MS-DOS, PC-DOS,
Logo or some other crap... Commands like finger, who, telnet, history may
seem foreign to you but they have Unix origins...   If only IOS incorporated
grep, sed and awk then life would be a little nicer (and no... the
inc/begin/exclude in >= 12.0 does not count...)   Regarding your barb on
Unix experts should be CCIEs -  by the same token we should could also state
that all NT admins are on the same level as all script kiddies...  Please...
there are some good/great NT admins out there who are very technical.

You never answered the Windows 3.1 AS question...   Would you trust your
Enterprise to this?   There are Unix systems that are still running from
that um.. time period.  For some fun reading, Jason, check out
http://www.sciam.com/1998/1198issue/1198techbus2.html   Perhaps the link is
a little old but it is one example of how many organizations are attempting
to use Windows NT in the Enterprise.  Hopefully, the IRS does not...   Then
again, 4 billion later and they still have problems perhaps that could be
their new answer.   If only that flat tax would pass... sigh...

If Cisco is working on a GUI then they are going the same path as Lucent and
others before them.   I cannot wait until the know it all manager configures
the network and does not understand why it doesn't work... I mean.. all the
pretty lines with a thunderbolt connected to a ring here and a bar there...
Guess there will always be work for IT folks :)

One last thing.. could you send me some mail offline from this mailing list?
You are listed as an anonymous poster and I would love to continue this
conversation in a more private forum.

Regards,
Kelly