At 11:44 PM 6/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>If both links to the ISPs are of equal bandwidths then
>load balancing is almost automatic otherwise use MED
>for load-balancing in BGP

This is overly simplistic.   BGP is not aware of bandwidth, so that has
nothing to do
with its load balancing.  Again, BGP specifically was not designed to load
balance.

With full routes, AS path may spread across the ISPs, especially if they
have significantly
different upstreams.  It is certainly not guaranteed.   This affects
outgoing, not incoming,
traffic.

MED inherently doesn't have anything to do with load balancing until you
get much
more specific about what you want to do.  It is one of several methods for
affecting
the flow of incoming traffic to you.  An ISP is not obligated to honor it.